Symposium on Participatory Democracy and Good Governance
Mustapha Akanbi Foundation organised a symposium on the 13th December, 2006 at the Stella Obasanjo Multi-Purpose Hall, Ilorin.
Main Theme: Participatory Democracy and Good Governance as Fundamental Tools Sustainable Development.
- Problems & Challenges of Electoral Bodies in the Enthronement of a Fair, Just & Viable Democracy by Comrade Adams Oshiomole
- The Role of Law Enforcement Agencies in the Promotion and Sustainability of Participatory Democracy and Rule of Law by Mr. Sunday G. Ehindero CFR, NPM, FWC, Inspector General of Police represented by the Commissioner of Police, Kwara State.
- The Role, Strategies and Techniques of the Judiciary in the Speedy Resolution of Election Cases and the Promotion of the Rule of Law in Ensuring Political Stability by Hon. Justice Emmanuel O. Ayoola CON, Chairman, ICPC, Abuja
- The Role of Stakeholders in Participatory Democracy by Prof. Olu Obafemi, University of Ilorin, Ilorin.
- Keynote Address by by the Chairman, MAF, Hon. Justice M.M.A. Akanbi CFR.
- Keynote Address by Prof Shehu Jimoh, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria.
- Welcome Address by Dr. Mudashiru Salami, Co-ordinator General of MAF